We are in the business of people. Unlike many other industries that have goods for sale, we are a service industry that relies on the skills and reputation of our employees. We believe that doing business today requires Achates to make more informed hiring decisions. The criteria for hiring decisions begin with our comprehensive hiring process.
To be considered as a candidate, you must meet the below minimum requirements:
- Be at least 18 yrs. of age (per state requirement).
- Possess a valid California Guard License or be eligible to obtain one.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment screening for drug use.
- Possess current American Red Cross Community CPR and Community First Aid & Safety certifications or obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Be legally able to work in the U.S.
- Have absolutely no criminal convictions.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have reliable transportation and communication/telephone.
- Be able to successfully pass an English language skills assessment.
- Submit to an extensive background check including medical, psychological and professional competency exams.
- Possess a minimum of a high school degree or G.E.D equivalent.
Our hiring procedures include personal interviews, comprehensive background investigations, employment reference checks, and skill assessment exams.